Global American Terms and Conditions
Your order with Global American Inc. (GAI) is automatic acceptance of the following:
- Payment can be made from North American ONLY via VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Offshore orders must be paid via wire transfer. Global offers NET TERMS after approval of references
- For terms, please print out our Credit Application and mail or fax it to us. Contact information is on the form
- All prices are in US dollars; FOB Hudson, NH, and do not include shipping. All prices are subject to change without notice
- For credit card orders, Global will charge 100% of the total cost up front. Shipping charges, when applicable, will be charged upon shipment
- There is a 2.5% processing fee for each credit card transaction
- There will be a 1.5% finance charge per month applied to terms accounts for payments received after the extended term with grace period of 5 days to allow for the transit time for check
- Payment due date commences from the date when the shipment leaves GAI and NOT from the date product is received by the customer
- GAI does not allow withholding of payment on open invoices. Any debits will be immediately acted upon and could result in an account hold and terms subject to revocation. Additionally, any amount debited will be subject to a finance charge at the rate of 1.5% per month
- GAI is not responsible for any credit card or currency conversion fees associated with offshore orders. All payments and refunds are made in USD at the currency rate at time of transaction only
- When prepayment is made against a blanket order, that prepayment will apply to the last shipment invoiced against that PO unless otherwise approved before the PO is accepted
- There will be a 3% convenience fee charged to customers with credit terms who opt to pay via credit card on late payments
- Global offers UPS shipping options unless otherwise specified. The customer is responsible for all shipping charges. The customer is also responsible for any and all charges associated with customs
- A declaration of insurance waiver must accompany requests for shipping without declared insurance from the customer
- If a product ordered by the customer is received by the customer in a damaged state, please kindly DO NOT UNPACK OR PROCEED WITH REMOVING THE PRODUCT FROM ITS PACKAGING. Immediately contact the carrier and GAI at 800-833-8999 for further instructions
- If a product is refused delivery, the customer is responsible for any and all shipping costs back to GAI. Restocking charges may also be applicable
- Products may be revised or discontinued at any time. All the specifications on the informational pages contained within GAI's website are subject to change without notice
- GAI warrants that its products will, at the time of shipment, be free from defects in material and workmanship and will conform to GAIs applicable specifications or to buyer's specifications provided these specifications have been agreed to and accepted by GAI in writing prior to shipment.
- GAI warranty extends to and may be invoked by the buyer only and does not extend to the buyer's customer or any other third party.
- In no event shall GAI be liable for any incidental or consequential damages due to breach of this warranty or any other obligation under this order or contract.
- This warranty shall not apply to any products GAI determines to have been subjected to testing for other than the specified electrical characteristics or to operating and or environmental conditions in excess of the maximum values established in our specifications. Neither shall this warranty apply to products that have been the subject of mishandling, misuse, static discharge, neglect, improper testing, unauthorized repair, alteration, damage, assembly, or processing that alters physical or electrical properties.
- Flashing of the BIOS without prior written authorization to do so from Global American will result in a voided warranty.
- The warranty does not extend to batteries.
- Certain products may be excluded from this warranty.
- Goods supplied by GAI carry a full twelve (12) month parts and labor warranty for repair(s) and a seven (7) day replacement warranty from the date of shipment from our facility unless otherwise specified.
- Ebay products carry a 30-day warranty on parts and labor. Items are non-returnable except in instances of DOA and findings must be verified by GAI before any refund can be issued
- Waiving of our standard stress, test and burn-in procedure is done at customer's risk and liability. Goods that are shipped with this waiver are non-returnable
- GAI is under no obligation to accept out of warranty products for repair and reserves the right to deny an RMA at any time.
- Global reserves the right to repair or replace items. Certain product may be cross-shipped at Global's sole discretion and at the customer's expense.
Quotations and RFQ
- Price quotations are good for seven (7) days from the date of issuance. Prices are subject to change outside of this seven-day window
- The delivery committed in our sales quotations are based upon the inventory situation and our Vendor commitments at the time of writing the quotation and may vary from the delivery that will be confirmed after the PO is received
- Orders accepted by GAI may be canceled by buyer only upon written consent, within (24) twenty-four hours of order placement. Otherwise a restocking charge of 30% of the total item cost will apply. Special orders for items not normally stocked are non-cancelable and non-returnable
- A hard copy PO or written correspondence must be received prior to the project being put on the production floor
- All POs referencing a customer part number must be accompanied with a copy of that specification, or the PO must indicate that the part number is "for reference only" or "not applicable to vendor"
- GAI must be notified within (15) fifteen days of ship date if product does not meet customer provided specifications. After that there will be a charge incurred for any bench time spent in rectification
- Dead on Arrival (DOA) product(s) must be returned within fifteen (15) days from the date of shipment
- Custom products, custom configurations and ALL software are not returnable or refundable
- All products may be returned within (7) seven days for refund and thirty (30) days for credit, and are BOTH subject to a full 30% restocking fee. Items must arrive in original condition with all accessories
- Items listed as being compatible with "only certain boards" are non-returnable.
- All shipping charges incurred by the customer for the original shipment are non-refundable.
- No returns are accepted unless accompanied by a GAI RMA number. The shipment will be rejected at GAI dock and returned if the RMA ship-tag is not on the carton
- GAI MUST receive product(s) within ten (10) working days from the date the RMA # is issued. If product(s) is not received within ten (10) working days, the RMA # will become null and void. A new RMA # must be pulled in its place.
- Product(s) returned must be in the original factory packaging and must include a copy of the original invoice. All items included in the original shipment must be included when item is returned. Any return not in original condition or without all accessories will not be issued a credit/refund
- All GAI products are labeled with a barcode sticker/number. All incoming returns will be examined for barcode numbers. This barcode MUST be on the materials for your RMA to be valid. Items without a barcode will not be processed and removal of barcode voids any and all warranty
- If the product(s) returned for repair is under warranty and cannot be repaired using EXACTLY the same components as originally used, GAI has the right to repair the product(s) using equivalent or ENHANCED components
- The stated warranty ceases at the end of the duration from the DATE OF SHIPMENT regardless of the repairs or replacement made during the term of the warranty
- Any modifications/alterations to items (including but not limited to soldering, cut pins, application of compound, etc. etc.) immediately voids any warranty.
- Destructive testing is not covered under warranty. If an item is returned and found to have been modified/altered, the customer will be charged a standard evaluation fee plus applicable repair charges
- Flashing of the BIOS, without prior written approval from GAI, automatically voids any and all warranties.
- Items in warranty found to be without the error/failure specified by the customer are subject to a $150.00 flat fee
- Items in warranty found to have error/failure caused by the customer are subject to a $150.00 flat fee
- Items out of warranty are subject to a $150.00 technician evaluation fee and a minimum $150 repair charge thereafter - should the customer choose to have the product repaired. Additional repair charges may apply. Payment must be received PRIOR to repair
- Requests for Failure Analysis are accepted after receipt of a $500 PO/payment. This one-time charge does NOT include repair
- Normal turnaround time for failure analysis is six (6) weeks
- Unpaid product or product held in inventory with no action for more than 60 days could be scrapped at the customer’s expense.
Life Support Policy
- GAI products are not authorized for use as critical components in life support devices as described herein:
- Life support devices or systems are devices or systems which, (a) are intended for surgical implant into the body, or (b) support or sustain life, and whose failure to perform, when properly used in accordance with instructions for use provided in the labeling, can be reasonably expected to result in a significant injury to the user
- A critical component is any component of a life support device or system whose failure to perform can be reasonably expected to cause the failure of the life support device or system, or to affect its safety or effectiveness
Modifications to these Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions represent terms of sales between the customer and GAI and may not be altered, supplemented, amended, or otherwise modified without the express written consent of an authorized representative of GAI